Tuesday 7 May 2013

DIY After Sun - All Natural & Very Simple

Hi all,

Here is my super simple two step recipe for a cooling and calming all natural after sun.

So, we all know that Aloe Vera is nature's burn medicine. Many people (myself included) keep aloe plants in their kitchen so that they are nearby if any burns occur.

The Aloe Vera gel is very soothing on after sun. I have been using just the pure gel directly onto the burn but my pot was starting to run out so I decided to add some Peppermint Essential Oil into the gel to increase the cooling effect.

Peppermint oil is analgesic, anaesthetic, antiseptic so it is ideal for an after sun.

Method:

Add a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil to some pure Aloe Vera gel.

And there you go! I told you it super simple!



I use this whenever I have been out in the sun as it adds moisture back into the skin, it is even better if you are actually burnt, you can almost hear it sizzle as it goes onto the skin!!

Enjoy!

Rach xx

p.s. Like this? Why not watch my YouTube video tutorial? And subscribe to my channel for more of the same :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dekA2OOxI

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Intagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment