Wednesday 21 August 2013

How to maintain clear skin

Hi all,

Here are some things that I find work really well for me and have helped me massively improve the look and overall health of my skin. Hopefully you can also benefit from these tips:
  • Drink LOTS of water. It’s free, it’s very good for your skin, your body, your mind and your overall health.
  • Avoid foods that are high in sugar, salt or are highly processed.
  • Avoid dairy (this is a personal thing, it may not affect you badly but if it does then try cutting it out and sourcing your calcium, etc from other foods like green leafy veg, nuts, etc.)
  • Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, they are good for your overall health and you will see a big improvement in your hair, skin, nails and general well being.
  • Reduce your stress levels. I know I get spots when I’m stressed, do what you can to tackle problems head on and reduce your stress wherever possible.
  • Get more sleep. A good night’s sleep will show in your skin.
  • Use a different towel for your face, hands and body.
  • Wash your towels regularly
  • Pat your face dry, be gentle.
  • ALWAYS, without fail, remove your make up before sleeping.
  • Try to minimise your day time make up where possible. Let your skin breathe and heal itself. Facial make up attracts pollutants and keeps them on your skin, try to avoid this as much as possible but I understand this is a very personal matter.
  • Use a weekly face mask that works for you.
  • Use natural oils and stop stripping your skin of its balancing oils with chemicals.
I hope you can try some or all of the above tips, they all work brilliantly for me. Along with washing my face with honey! See my previous post for more details :-) 

Thanks
Rach xx

P.s. you can watch me talk about clear skin on You Tube, just click here.

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Instagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment