Friday 26 April 2013

My Natural Journey - Current Skin and Hair Care Routine

Hi all,

So here is where I am at with my hair and skin care routine at the moment. There are still improvements and changes to be made. I am trying to eliminate chemicals as much as possible, my current theory/idea is that if I can use a natural alternative which works the same or better than a commercial product then I will.

Skin:
Once a day (or every other day) I cleanse my face and neck using sweet almond oil then moisturise with coconut oil.
Once or twice a day I moisturise with a homemade mixture of coconut oil and grapefruit essential oil.
Once a week I deep cleanse with a homemade, all natural scrub.
If I have any blemishes I treat them topically with (diluted) tea tree oil.
I use sweet almond oil to remove my make up.
Twice a day (after brushing my teeth) I use a homemade lip balm

Hair:
Once a week I use a homemade deep conditioning treatment.
I wash my hair every other day and use a shampoo and conditioner from Lush.
I have a homemade leave in conditioner.

Other information:
I try to use organic, fair trade, cruelty free and all natural where possible. The coconut oil I use is raw so it has not been heavily processed and I should be getting the most goodness possible.

I also have natural remedies for sun cream, after sun, insect repellent and more.

I will be posting all my recipes on here so keep an eye out for those :-)

Also, I will be writing about how I am reducing chemicals in my home cleaning routine so you can look forward to that too!! :-)

Rach xx

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Intagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment