Friday 26 April 2013

Latest in beauty - free samples - first ever beauty box!

Hi all!
How exciting! I've just got my first ever beauty box! It arrived today and has some free samples in for me to try :-)



It's arrived in a simple and sleek black box and I can't wait to dive in!

This is what was included:




OFFICIAL INFORMATION:
4 x 1ml Sachets
Lavera | Liposome Intensive Night Cream
Description: Wake up to softer, smoother skin. This intensive, overnight treatment for dry, lacklustre skin provides deep down nourishment and hydration.  Shea butter, almond oil, blackcurrant seed oil and hyaluronic acid rapidly boost skin's moisture levels and provide long-lasting hydration. Plant based liposomes carry valuable extracts of organic wild rose, ginkgo and orange blossom deep into the skin. Vitamins C and E provide effective protection against environmental pollutants.

1 x 2ml sample
Lulu | Time
This fragrance boasts a unique blend of scents specifically formulated for Lulu based on aromas she's loved throughout the years - refreshing and uplifting notes of lemon, bergamot and pink pepper combine beautifully with the calming and relaxing notes of jasmine. You'll smell simply divine with this beautiful fragrance from Lulu.

1 x 2ml and 1 x 1ml samples
Caudalie | Premier Cru The Cream and The Eye Cream


The "crème de la crème"


Enjoy visible younger looking skin thanks to this exceptional cream which delivers ultimate anti-ageing action. It corrects all the signs of ageing including wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity, dark spots, oxidative stress and skin dryness. Your complexion is left radiant and youthful while wrinkles are smoothed and facial contours are firmer and more defined. Throughout the day skin is regenerated and left feeling velvety soft.   Skin is visible firmer after 6 days* Dark spots are reduced by up to 38%*

Ultimate Anti-ageing Eye Care

Fade away dark circles and puffiness with the ultimate anti-ageing eye care. Skin is perfectly hydrated, and left smoother and firmer. Wrinkles are reduced and the eye area is brightened with renewed youth. Puffiness and dark circles are reduced by up to 86%* Deep wrinkles are reduced by up to 34%* Skin is immediately illuminated by 91%*

*Clinical results on file. (
original source)


All products from Latest in Beauty samples were free but postage was paid on these items.
Remember these are just my opinions and, in the end, count for nothing!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

So, I have tried out all of the products now and here is my quick overview review of each one.

Time - Perfume
This is a lovely scent. It is more floral than I would normally buy as I like a fruity smell but as we head into spring and summer (finally!) this is the kind of light and fun fragrance I would reach for. Perfume is such an individual thing so I cannot tell you if you will like it yourself but I think you will like this if you enjoy light, fun and slightly floral scents.

Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream
I instantly disliked this product the moment I tried it. It says that it can be used day and night but this is so heavy and thick I felt like I had put foundation or something on. I am sure this product 'works' and does exactly what it advertises but I did not like the feel of it all. When I checked the RRP of the product I nearly fell off my chair: £92.50 for 50ml!! Hmm, personally I am not convinced.

Caudalie  The Eye Cream
This seems like a nice product, it goes on well and feels luxurious. It's not surprising as this is £49 for 15ml. This is an outrageous price in my opinion... we are all going to get old and have to just accept it! It is not worth paying this much money for a product, even if it is very nice.

Lavera Liposome Intensive Night Cream

I was excited to try this cream as it uses a lot of natural and organic ingredients. However, I found this was just not for me at all. It was the opposite of everything I look for in a moisturiser. It was heavy, thick, creamy and very fragranced. I went to bed with greasy feeling skin and the over whelming smell of the cream kept wafting over me. I actually wanted to go wash it off but thought it fair to leave it on and give it a fair review. My skin still felt heavy and thick the following morning so I couldn't wait to wash the rest of the product off.


SUMMING IT ALL UP
So, that was my first beauty box and the only thing I actually enjoyed was the perfume! But, at least I have tried a new perfume and have a handbag sized sample to take every where with me.

I believe the next box is due out on Monday so I am excited to request it as soon as it is available! Hopefully I will enjoy the next one more.

Have you tried any of the products? Do you agree with my thoughts on the samples? I'd love to hear from you!

Rach xx

Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RachelReviewsAndMuse
Follow me on twitter? Come say 'hi!' to @rachmarshall
Or check out my pictures on Intagram :-) AllNaturalAspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment